This opaque self adhesive vinyl is used in wall and building wrap applications on surfaces where standard products will not work. It is designed to stick to rough textured concrete, stucco, brick and cinder block walls, as well as hard to stick plastic surfaces such a polyethylene. This allows murals, store signs, retail posters and decals to be applied to otherwise unusable wall areas. The permanent pressure sensitive adhesive will allow easy removal from textured surfaces, but not from smooth or sealed surfaces.
Outdoor longevity of 6 month to 2 years, depending on the surface and installation, indoors 5-25 years.
The adhesive allows it to be used on walls where normal adhesives won't stick. Can be applied in cold temperatures.
It's a very aggressive adhesive, so it can be difficult to remove if applied to a smooth surface. If application surface is painted, it's possible this will take the paint off when removed, so a test should be done in those cases before applying.
Wall murals, signs, posters and decals that need to be applied on brick, textured concrete, stucco or plastics such as polyethylene where normal adhesives won't stick.
|Is a Featured Product||No|
|Is Product Tiled?||Yes|
These instructions are provided for our customers that want to install their own adhesive vinyl sign graphics. Tools you will need: Scissors, Xacto knife or razor blade, soft squeegee or paper to protect the image (hard squeegee will damage the print), and masking tape.
- If applying a vinyl graphic that is not laminated, use a soft squeegee or protect the image with paper during installation to prevent damage to the printed image.
- Apply vinyl in the shade (no direct sunlight).
- The ideal temperature would be between 30-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wind or wind gusts will cause problems.
- All surfaces should be considered dirty and must be cleaned prior to installation. Clean the area where the graphics are to be applied with a household, non-ammonia based cleaner. We recommend an alcohol based cleaner such as denatured alcohol or equivalent. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Air and surface temperatures must be above 30 degrees
Applying the Adhesive Vinyl
- Position your graphic in the desired location and tack into place on each end with small pieces of masking tape.
- Peel back about 2” of the release liner away from the top edge on the adhesive side of your graphic.
- Cut that section of the release liner off and discard.
- Squeegee down the exposed edge of the graphic starting from the center and working towards the edges. Let the squeegee cause the contact with the mounting surface and brush from the center outward using overlapping 45 degree angled strokes.
- Flip the graphic up, or have an assistant hold it up and start to peel back the remaining release liner.
- Pull back a few inches of the release liner at a time and squeegee the graphic into place using the same technique as above.
- If you get an air bubble, you can either lift the decal enough to release the air, or if the bubbles are not too large, you can pop them with a pin and squeegee the bubble toward the pin hole to squeeze out the air.
- Once the entire decal is applied, squeegee the entire decal once more to ensure a firm bond with the surface.