Premium Clear Floor Decal
This clear gloss floor decal material can be printed normally, or with a white under print to help keep the floor color from showing through the image. This makes the graphic apear to float on the floor without the edges of the decal being as noticeable. Die cutting is still preferable in most cases, but some graphics cannot easily be die cut because they are too intricate, don't have clean edges that can be cut out, or they have some transparency and shadows that don't allow for die cutting. In those cases, a clear material like this is the best option. It is ASTM D-2047 certified as slip resistant while withstanding the abrasion from heavy foot traffic, floor buffers, chemicals, and waxes. Available in widths up to 54".
Longevity of 6 months to 1 year indoors, depending on traffic. Clean removability for 6 months.
The clear base and laminate give the graphic a painted-on look without die cutting.
The adhesive is only rated as cleanly removable for 6 months, so after that, it's possible it will leave some adhesive residue that will have to be cleaned off. It's a vinyl material, so it's not eco-friendly.
Excellent for graphics on most sealed indoor flooring surfaces where die cutting isn't posslbe, but the graphic needs a clear background.
|Is a Featured Product||N/A|
|Is Product Tiled?||Yes|
|Free Ground Shipping||N/A|
- Tile, vinyl, linoleum, terrazzo and ceramic floor surfaces should be cleaned with a commerical cleaner, washed with isopropyl alcohol to remove any grease, wax or cleaning solution residue, and allowed to completely dry.
- Hardwood floors should be lightly cleaned with a commercial cleaner designed not to harm hardwood finishes and allowed to completely dry.
- Any paints or coatings on the floor must have good adhesion to the flooring substrate.
- Testing for product suitability by user is recommended prior to all applications
- If there are seams or grout lines in the surface, avoid them or bridge the decal over the seams. Do not position the graphic so that the edges fall within 3" of grout lines.
Applying the Decal
- Peel back about 1” of release liner from top of the decal. Fold and crease liner back.
- Position decal starting with the top. Apply firmly using a plastic squeegee.
- Continue removing liner a small amount at a time and press down the decal with the squeegee with overlapping strokes working from the center out at a 45 degree angle.
- After the entire decal is applied, squeegee the entire surface, working from the center out, to remove any air bubbles and to ensure good adhesion. Make sure the edges are applied well.
- Do NOT apply with water.
- Wait 24 hours after application before cleaning or waxing floor.
- To maintain condition of the decals, avoid exposing them to heavy equipment traffic.
- CAUTION: If the edges of the decal begin lifting, replace immediately to avoid risk of injury due to tripping hazard.
- Lift one edge of the decal and pull using short, quick strokes.